I, Catherine Pyune McEldowney, personally commit to the following:
- As an unequivocal advocate for DE&I principles, I will lead by example and continue to act a positive change agent in the legal profession and my community.
- I will meet at least quarterly with each Managing Attorney of my firm’s offices to review the work and client assignments of attorneys from traditionally marginalized groups to ensure that firm leadership is providing proper support, opportunities, and guidance for their full professional development.
- During the first full year of my LCLD membership, I will partner with a in-house counsel client and/or a virtual law firm team member to host an LCLD Leadership Lunch in one of the cities where Maron Marvel has offices.
- Ensure that Maron Marvel invests in and maintains optimal systems and programs as part of the firm’s ‘Project Capture’ to centralize and automate essential DEI metrics that will enable a robust and full review of hiring, retention, compensation, credit origination, and business development practices.
- Conduct an audit of each office and client teams for diversity as a step toward greater diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Include diversity as a crucial criterion in the firm’s mentor matching program to ensure that diverse attorneys receive proper assignments to ensure equitable access to senior attorneys.
- Reinvigorate outreach efforts to neighboring schools to ensure a diverse legal pipeline of talent.
- Include DEI as an essential factor in firm client succession plans.