I, Marie Oh Huber, personally commit to the following:
- Use my voice:
- Internally, both within the eBay Leadership Team and Legal & GR Department, to amplify issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) on behalf of eBay’s workforce, eBay’s customers and society at large, and
- Externally, both individually and in partnership with other CLOs/GCs, law firm partners and thought leaders in the space – to drive systematic change in the legal industry, including helping to remove institutional barriers that prevent people from underrepresented groups from achieving equitable opportunities, recognition and compensation.
- Continue to accept invitations to speak externally, participate in and engage with DE&I focused events together with hosting a follow-up conversation with eBay attendees.
- Serve as executive sponsor of at least one eBay Community of Inclusion (employee resource group) as well as providing informal support to others.
- Continue to mentor, both formally and informally.
- Ensure that DE&I is an integral part of eBay Legal & GR Department’s recruiting, including through implementation of the Mansfield Rule for all new hires and that DE&I is an integral part of all development, promotion, advancement and succession planning conversations.
- Continue to foster the growth and development of the next generation of lawyers, including through ongoing involvement in and support of the Law in Tech Diversity Collaborative, externship and other programs.
- Ensure that at least 50% of the time billed by eBay “preferred provider” US outside counsel to eBay matters is billed by underrepresented groups.