I, Himanshu Amin, personally commit to the following:
- I will use my voice as a leader at my firm and in the profession to advocate for DE&I in the legal profession and in my community.
- I will use my position among my firm’s leadership to advocate for changes to improve the equity of processes such as work assignments, hiring, and compensation.
- I will partner with a general counsel to host an LCLD Leadership Lunch.
- I will meet quarterly with my firm’s Fellows, Pathfinders, and Alumni to discuss their experiences within the organization, and require each individual to come to the meeting with a recommendation for how the firm can improve.
- I will select several clients each year, and work with them to increase leadership opportunities for and participation of named diverse attorneys on their matters, with a goal of 30% diversity in leadership and 40% diversity in participation.
- I will improve the diversity of teams for those clients to more than 50% within five years.
- My firm will implement an automated feedback system, in which attorneys receive frequent, concrete feedback and managers are assessed based on the frequency and quality of the feedback they give.
- Within one year, my firm will adjust work assignment processes for first-year associates so that matters are automatically assigned to associates based on availability; and
- Within two years, I will work with my firm to create partner compensation incentives so that partners are evaluated on their personal contributions to DE&I, including demographics of client matter teams, occasions when the partner has designated a diverse lawyer to serve in a senior client relationship role, introduction of diverse lawyers into client relationships, etc.