I, Michael Aldana, personally commit to the following:
- As Co-Chair of the Firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee, I will continue to work with the committee to revamp the firm’s D&I strategy.
- Identify diverse lawyers/professionals for leadership opportunities with the goal of having at least one firm leadership role, practice group chair and/or C-suite position filled by a diverse lawyer or professional.
- I will hold semi-annual meetings with our employee resource (affinity) groups which will include the national and local practice group chairs or senior management in their functional areas.
- Personally sponsor one diverse junior associate and one diverse new partner each year.
- Meet with LCLD Fellows and alumni twice per year to discuss increasing and improving the firm’s D&I efforts.
- Continue to participate in and champion the Firm’s African-American Experience initiative.
- Complete implementing recommendations of the firm’s Q&B 2025 Inclusion initiative.
- Continue increasing diversity hiring and promotion through the firm’s diversity policies, including expanding the firm’s “Rooney Rule.”
- Continue to develop and implement client succession plans to ensure diverse lawyers are included in order to step into Primary Client Relationship roles.
- Continue offering opportunities to diverse law students and lawyers to partner with clients in joint summer associate programs and secundments.
- Along with the D&I training we already offer, Quarles & Brady will continue to expand and mandate annual training.
- Revamp our associate and employee evaluation processes and professional development programs to better ensure unbiased assessments and provide fair opportunities for success.
- Increase our pipeline efforts at the college and law school levels.
- Require practice groups and departments to prepare and present D&I action plans with related metrics.